The loss marked their third straight loss to OU and fourth in the past five seasons. Just one week earlier, Texas was upset at home by TCU, marking their second straight loss to the Horned Frogs and fourth in the past five seasons, as well.
It may seem like these two teams have UT's number, but when you look a little deeper, they aren't the only ones who have at least a split record with the Longhorns.
Here is a look at some statistics from the past 10 seasons:
- UT is 3-7 vs. OU in the past 10 games.
- UT is 3-7 vs. TCU in the past 10 games.
- UT is 3-7 vs. Oklahoma State since 2010
- UT is 4-4 vs. West Virginia since 2010
- UT is 5-5 vs. Baylor since 2010
- UT is 5-5 vs. Kansas State since 2010
- UT is 17-34 vs. ranked teams since 2010
- UT is 26-25 in one-possession games since 2010
- UT is 5-12 vs. Power 5 non-conference opponents since 2010, excluding bowl games (they're 2-11 since 2013 in that statistic)
The Associated Press also reported that Texas has not had a season in which it was ranked from beginning to end since 2009.
Texas has, however, shown a good record in its bowl game appearances. UT is 5-2 in its last seven bowl games, dating back to 2011, where they have been underdogs in most. UT is also 3-0 in bowl games under Tom Herman.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: