x
Breaking News
More () »

Motorcycle sparks fire in Austin garage, killing family cat

Officials said resuscitation efforts on the cat were unsuccessful.

AUSTIN, Texas — A fire ignited in a North Austin garage killed a family cat on Saturday evening.

The Austin Fire Department first reported the fire before 6 p.m. from Pointer Lane.

The fire is now out and all occupants are accounted for. The AFD said resuscitation efforts on the animal were unsuccessful.

Four adults are displaced. The cause was ruled accidental and the fire was started by a motorcycle in the garage. 

PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING:

Two men arrested days after controversial and rowdy Round Rock ISD meeting over masks

Rallies for and against Texas abortion law happening at State Capitol Saturday

Didn't receive the September Child Tax Credit? Here's what you need to know