AUSTIN, Texas — CVS Health has announced 44 new drive-thru COVID-19 testing sites in Texas, including five in Austin.
The company is expected to announce more testing sites across the country by the end of May.
The five locations in Austin include the following:
- CVS Pharmacy, 5526 South Congress Avenue, Austin, TX 78745
- CVS Pharmacy, 2610 Lake Austin Boulevard, Austin, TX 78703
- CVS Pharmacy, 11300 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, TX 78753
- CVS Pharmacy, 11725 North FM 620, Austin, TX 78750
- CVS Pharmacy, 3500 West Slaughter Lane, Austin, TX 78749
Despite more available COVID-19 tests, Central Texas county test rates lag behind the rest of the state
There are also a few other Central Texas locations:
- CVS Pharmacy, 1855 Gattis School Road, Round Rock, TX 78664
- CVS Pharmacy, 2693 FM 3009, Schertz, TX 78154
- CVS Pharmacy, 23530 Wilderness Oak, San Antonio, TX 78258
- CVS Pharmacy, 120 East Sonterra Boulevard, San Antonio, TX 78258
- CVS Pharmacy, 7603 Culebra, San Antonio, TX 78251
According to a press release from CVS, the testing sites will utilize self-swab tests. The company expects to have 1,000 testing sites up across the country by the end of May.
Patients must schedule an appointment in advance at CVS's website in order to receive a test and tests will only be available to those who meet the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's criteria.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING:
Number of children getting vaccinated declines amid COVID-19, doctors encourage parents to schedule visit