AUSTIN, Texas — If you drive by Vrbo in North Austin, you may notice a change to its building.
In celebration of Black History Month, Vrbo changed the colors of its logo displayed on its Domain offices to red, yellow and green instead of its usual white. Vrbo said in a press release, "the logo will stay these colors through the end of this week to honor the history and achievements of black communities everywhere."
Black History Month marks the first time the new Vrbo sign has changed colors, according to company officials. Vrbo said it also plans to change its sign colors throughout the year to honor occasions that represent its employees’ diversity and holidays during which families travel.
Some of the upcoming events where the company will change the logo color include: International Women’s Day, Pride Month and the Fourth of July.
MORE KVUE BLACK HISTORY MONTH COVERAGE:
- TPWD Buffalo Soldier program unveils new exhibit
- Texas Longhorns commemorate Black History Month with 'History Makers' T-shirts
- Carver Museum kicks off Black History Month with community celebration
- These Austin businesses were among the first black-owned shops to open at 2 Austin malls
- Austin celebrates Black History Month