AUSTIN — Citing severe weather threats across Texas including flooding and winter weather, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has ordered Friday morning that the Texas State Operations Center (SOC) be ready to respond.
KVUE's weather team predicts widespread rainfall in Central Texas Friday afternoon through Friday night. A Flash Flood Watch is in effect Friday afternoon through Saturday morning.
Abbott's office also said winter weather, including snow and ice, are expected to impact parts of the state over the next few days.
At 8 a.m. Friday, Abbott made state resources available to assist local officials in their response efforts. State agencies include:
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Department of Transportation
- Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service - TX-TF 1
- Texas Parks & Wildlife Department
- Texas A&M Forest Service
- Texas Military Department
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Public Utility Commission of Texas
- State Mass Care
Click here for safety tips amid thunderstorms and flooding.