OKLAHOMA CITY — The Big 12 women's basketball tournament begins Friday in Oklahoma City, with No. 1 Baylor the favorite. Texas won a game against TCU on Tuesday to secure the No. 3 seed and get another game against the Frogs on Saturday.
The bottom four teams in the standings play on Friday:
- No. 8 Oklahoma vs. No. 9 Texas Tech at 6 p.m.
- No. 7 Oklahoma State vs. No. 10 Kansas at 8:30 p.m.
Four games are scheduled on Saturday:
- No. 4 West Virginia vs No. 5 Kansas State at 11 a.m.
- No. 1 Baylor vs. winner of OU/Tech at 1:30 p.m.
- No. 2 Iowa State vs. winner of OSU/KU at 6 p.m.
- No. 3 Texas vs. No. 6 TCU at 8:30 p.m.
Two semi-final games will be played on Sunday at 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Texas will play in the game at 4:30 p.m. if the Longhorns beat TCU.
The Big 12 championship game will be Monday at 8 p.m.