The measure will award a contract for the design of three new gates on the west end of the Barbara Jordan Terminal.
Initially, new gates will bring added capacity, then will offset any construction impacts to other gates during future expansion projects.
The City of Austin is in discussions with the join venture of JE Dunn/Clark for the project. Next in line for consideration is Austin-based Hensel Phelps Construction Co.
The contract would allow for 760 calendar days for the completion of the project.
RELATED AIRPORT NEWS:
- Neighbors have chance to voice concerns over Austin airport's planned jet fuel farm
- Fly to these two new tropical destinations from the Austin airport starting this summer
- Austin's airport getting more than $17M as part of Bipartisan Infrastructure Law
- Here are the new flights taking off from Austin in 2022
- New TSA checkpoint opens at Austin airport