AUSTIN, Texas — One day after the Big Ten and Pac-12 conferences announced they had canceled football for this fall, the Big 12 said it will be moving forward with its season.
However, the schedule has been revised. The start of the season will be delayed until Sept. 12 but it will include the regular "9-plus-1" setup, which means nine conference games and one non-conference game.
Given that COVID-19 conditions don't worsen and officials have to pull the plug on the season, here's the Texas Longhorns' 2020 football schedule:
- Sept. 12: University of Texas at El Paso, home
- Sept. 26: Texas Tech University, away
- Oct. 3: Texas Christian University, home
- Oct. 10: University of Oklahoma, away
- Oct. 24: Baylor University, home
- Oct. 31: Oklahoma State University, away
- Nov. 7: West Virginia University, home
- Nov. 21: University of Kansas, away
- Nov. 28: Iowa State University, home
- Dec. 5: Kansas State University, away
The Dr Pepper Big 12 Championship game will be held either Dec. 12 or Dec. 19.
Here's the full schedule for the Big 12 conference.
Earlier this month, the University of Texas released its COVID-19 safety guidelines for fans looking to attend Longhorn football games this fall. At the time, Texas Athletic Director Chris Del Conte said the athletic department was working to explore a 25% capacity model.
Click here for an in-depth look at those guidelines.