AUSTIN, Texas — Editor's note: The video published above is a KVUE report from May on the success of UT's spring sports in the 2020-21 season.
With the conclusion of baseball, the University of Texas (UT) athletics 2020-21 season is officially over, and the Longhorns had a calendar year to remember.
Of the university's 20 athletics programs, 13 of them finished in the NCAA top 10 for their respective sports. UT won three national championships – seven of the 20 made top three, nine of the 20 made top five, and 13 of the 20 finished at least top 10.
The men's swimming and diving, women's tennis and rowing teams all captured national championships. UT also finished runner-up in the national championship game in volleyball, was one win away from the CWS final series in baseball, and made a run to the Elite Eight in women's basketball.
Other top-tier finishes by UT's athletics programs include: women's swimming and diving (third), men's tennis (tied for third), women's golf (tied for fifth), men's outdoor track and field (tied for sixth), women's outdoor track and field (tied for seventh), women's indoor track and field (eighth) and softball (tied for ninth).
UT also tied its own league record by earning 13 Big 12 Conference titles, university officials said. Texas also won 13 Big 12 Conference titles in 2005-06.
Here is a look at Texas's athletics season in all 20 sports:
- Men's Cross Country: DNC
- Women's Cross Country: DNC
- Soccer: DNQ
- Volleyball: NCAA runner-up
- Football: Won Alamo Bowl; finished No. 19 in final AP poll
- Women's Indoor Track & Field: Eighth at NCAA Championships
- Men's Indoor Track & Field: 14th at NCAA Championships
- Women's Swimming and Diving: Third at NCAA Championships
- Men's Swimming and Diving: NCAA Champions
- Women's Basketball: Tied for Fifth (Elite Eight)
- Men's Basketball: Tied for 33rd (NCAA Round of 64), No. 9 in final AP poll
- Men's Tennis: Tied for Third (NCAA Semifinals)
- Women's Tennis: NCAA Champions
- Women's Golf: Tied for Third (NCAA Quarterfinals)
- Rowing: NCAA Champions
- Softball: Tied for Ninth (NCAA Super Regionals)
- Men's Golf: Tied for 25th at NCAA Championships
- Men's Outdoor Track and Field: Tied for Sixth at NCAA Championships
- Women's Outdoor Track and Field: Tied for Seventh at NCAA Championships
- Baseball: Tied for Third (College World Series semifinals)
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: