HOUSTON — Longhorn legend and former Texas State softball coach Cat Osterman isn't happy about a tweet sent out from her team's account on Monday.
The since-deleted tweet sent by professional softball team Scrap Yard Fast Pitch read, "Hey @realDonaldTrump Pro Fastpitch being played live @usssaspacecoast @USSSAPride Everyone respecting the FLAG!"
Osterman responded on Twitter, saying, "I DO NOT support the comments made during our game by @ScrapYardFP and I will not represent them. We as a people are working towards change, and THIS IS NOT IT." She attached a photo that said, "This isn't us."
Osterman wasn't alone. Several of her teammates also expressed outrage over the tweet. In fact, according to our news partners at the Austin American-Statesman, Osterman and her teammates have all quit the team.
Osterman told Statesman Sports Columnist Kirk Bohls, "We have left the Scrap Yard organization, so as the Scrap Yard Dawgs, we do not exist."
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING:
- UT Austin temporarily removes standardized testing requirements
- Texas Education Agency releases new guidelines for attendance, remote learning, personal protective equipment
- 'Texans should not feel pressured into working in unsafe conditions' | Petitioners ask TWC to clarify rules
- H-E-B offering permanent pay raises for many employees amid pandemic
- State lawmaker and advocates push for rapid COVID-19 testing in nursing homes