WALKER, Louisiana — Editor's note: The chicken pictured above is NOT the chicken police are searching for.
Be on the lookout. Officers are trying to track down a dangerous criminal that terrorized unsuspecting people at a bank in Louisiana.
He’s about 18 inches tall and weighs between 6 – 8 pounds with a reddish-tan complexion, according to a Walker Police Department Facebook post.
Police say it’s an “aggressive chicken” – and it was chasing after customers all week.
No one was safe from its wrath. People walking up to the ATM were scared off, and the bad bird even tried to jump into cars at the drive-through.
Officers jokingly want to arrest the chicken on a long list of charges, including assault, attempted battery, attempted burglary – and for a potentially more dangerous offense. Police say, despite the ongoing pandemic, the chicken repeatedly ignored social distancing guidelines in violation of the governor’s order.
Officers have searched the area, and they even checked a nearby restaurant’s kitchen, but there’s no sign of the chicken anywhere.
Anyone who sees it is being asked to contact the department.
What other people are reading right now:
- Don’t worry about Giant Asian Hornets coming to Florida. It could take years
- Two Florida panthers found dead just days apart
- DeSantis orders investigation into unemployment system following push from Florida's agriculture commissioner
- Pinellas County offering FREE coronavirus tests
- Coronavirus in context: Florida COVID-19 cases explained in 5 charts
- 5-year-old driving stolen car pulled over on his way to 'buy a Lamborghini'
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter