KENNEWICK, Wash. — A man called the police in Washington to say someone just stole his truck, but they say he left out a key fact.
Kennewick Police Department officers responded early Sunday morning to a report of a car theft. They say William Kelley told them someone stole his 1992 red Chevy pick-up truck.
The keys were left on the seat, police said. Someone on a bike saw them, threw his bike in the truck bed and drove off: Surveillance video captured the entire incident.
However, police found out Kelley was in the area because he was stealing from the store across the street.
He was jailed on a burglary charge while his truck has not yet been found.
What other people are reading right now:
- Tropical Storm Dorian could track into South Florida this weekend
- Tropical Depression 6 develops near Bermuda
- 'You left my baby': Mom wants to find driver who hit 4-year-old son
- Newlyweds killed in accident minutes after getting married
- St. Pete restaurant closes its doors after a year
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.