A gas leak caused after a construction crew hit a line while digging Monday evening in Manor caused the evacuation of several homes in the area, the City of Manor said in a social media post.

According to city officials, the incident occurred at the 700 block of North Bastrop Street.

Around 7:15 p.m., city officials said that residents were allowed to return to their homes. Atmos Energy was on scene fixing the broken line.

A spokesperson with Atmos Energy said only two customers lost service during the incident, which they said was caused when the third-party contractor unaffiliated with Atmos damaged the 2-inch line.

Residents had been evacuated within three blocks in each direction of the leak. Residents and commuters were asked to keep their distance from the area as the leak was repaired.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.