AUSTIN, Texas — Happy Valentine's Day!
We're here to help you with your love life.
Well, that's not exactly true, but in this KVUE article, we are offering up some love advice from seniors at The Village at The Triangle. They all have been married for at least 50 years, so we think they probably know what they're talking about.
Here's some of their tips:
- "Communicate, you've got to communicate."
- "Just keep talking to each other, truthfully."
- "One thing would be always to look forward and not backward."
- "My husband has treated me like a queen."
- "Compatibility, friendship and fun."
- "Set up a budget and live in it."
- "Accept everything that comes your way. If you don't like it, then you have to think about what you're going to do to make things better."
- "One needs to have a sense of humor. It's very important."
- "To be honest with each other really. But that’s just common sense."
- "Hang in there."
- "People ask me what my secret is. I have a deaf ear and a short memory."
These tips were provided by Betty and Fred Glosser, Judi and Bob Mettlen, Dorothy Ryden, Linda and Jim Gookian, and Larry and Jane Graham.
MORE VALENTINE'S DAY CONTENT:
- 'What a precious heart he has' | High school student gives every girl a flower on Valentine's Day
- Group gathers outside Travis County courthouse for Valentine's Day marijuana smoke-out
- Someone left a Valentine's Day message for mom in snow outside Cleveland Clinic
- Love birds: Potential mate of UT's 'Tower Girl' returns just in time for Valentine's Day
- Two Travis County judges offer free marriages on Valentine's Day
- POP WATCH: An East Texas love story
- Valentine's Day: What are people searching on Google?
- Child in need of a heart asks for Valentine's Day cards
- Why is February 14 the holiday of romance?
- 202-year-old Valentine's Day card to be auctioned off
- 104-year-old military veteran gets over 70,000 Valentine's Day letters
- Valentine's Day food deals for couples, singles and all the rest
- San Antonio Zoo will feed animals a cockroach named after your ex
- This Valentine's Day, Torchy's wants to help you torch the memories of your ex
- 10 Valentine's Day events for every type of couple and person
- New drive-in theater opens in Hutto just in time for Valentine's Day