CENTRAL TEXAS — Major flooding of the Llano River, located in Llano County near Austin, prompted mass evacuations Tuesday and is continuing into Wednesday.
It's also prompted closings and delays. Here's a round-up of closures and delays.
SCHOOL, BUSINESS CLOSINGS
The following schools and businesses are closed Wednesday:
- Marble Falls ISD
- Llano ISD
SCHOOL, BUSINESS DELAYS
The following schools and businesses are delayed Wednesday:
- Burnet CISD will have a two-hour delay Wednesday for school and buses.
- Mason ISD will have a two-hour delay
- Fredericksburg ISD will have a two-hour delay
- Harper ISD will have a two-hour delay
Baylor Scott & White Facilities for Wednesday:
- Baylor Scott & White Specialty Clinic – Marble Falls will start at 10 a.m.
- Baylor Scott & White Clinic – Horseshoe Bay and Baylor Scott & White Clinic – Marble Falls: 10 a.m.
- Baylor Scott & White Clinic – Kingsland and Baylor Scott & White Clinic – Llano: 1:30 p.m.
- Baylor Scott & White Clinics in Burnet, Johnson City and San Saba will open at 8 a.m.
Here are the updated road closures for Wednesday, Oct. 17.
The following roads are closed in Travis County:
- 600 block of Spicewood Springs Road -- west of Loop 360 near the Arboretum
The following roads are closed in Marble Falls:
- 400 - 700 Blk Avenue T (Between 4th St. & 7th St.)
- 100 Blk S Ave N (Huber) (Between Yett St & Backbone St)
- 1400 Blk Nature Heights Dr (Between US-281 & Commerce St.)
- 300 BLOCK CR 122 AT WILLIAMS CREEK
- 1500 Blk Resource Pkwy (Between US Highway 281 & W Innovation Loop)
The following roads are closed in Kingsland:
- Kingsland Slab CR 307/RR 3404
The following roads are closed near Llano
- CR 152 -- west of Llano
- CR 2241 --east of Llano
The following roads are closed in Williamson County:
- Johnson Park Bridge (Between S Yett St. & Johnson St.)
- CR 123 at Brushy Creek
- Harrell Pkwy at Old Settlers Park
- Summit St at Brushy Creek/Memorial Park
- Brushy Creek Road / Brushy Bend Drive
- CR 177 at Brushy Creek
- 805 Cedar Park Drive
- Ridgmar Road at Brushy Creek
- CR 177 at Brushy Creek
- Blue Hole Park Pedestrian Bridge
- CR 100 at San Gabriel River (bridge)
By 7 a.m. Wednesday, ATXFloods.com showed that 153 crossings were closed across Central Texas.
As the rain continues & floodgate operations continue along the Highland Lakes, please be #ATXWx aware & Turn Around, Don't Drown! #TADD Stay tuned to local media & Public Safety. pic.twitter.com/uW1G411dYe
— ATCEMS (@ATCEMS) October 16, 2018
According to Travis County Emergency Services, other closures include all creeks in the COA area, Lake Austin from Mansfield Dam to Tom Miller Dam, Lady Bird Lake, Colorado River downstream of Longhorn Dam, Ann and Roy Butler Hike and Bike Trail, Barton Creek Greenbelt, Barton Creek Pool, Deep Eddy Pool and City golf courses.
The LCRA said lakes Travis, Marble Falls, LBJ, Inks and Buchanan will be closed until further notice.