Breaking News
More () »

Firefighters put out fire in teachers' lounge of East Austin middle school

The fire at Kealing Middle School was blamed on a refrigerator malfunction.

AUSTIN, Texas — A fire in the teachers' lounge of Kealing Middle School in East Austin is being blamed on a refrigerator malfunction.

The Austin Fire Department was on scene on Tuesday morning just after 7 a.m. The fire was quickly put out.

Firefighters remained on the scene at the 1600 block of Pennsylvania Avenue to clear the smoke.

KVUE on social media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

Before You Leave, Check This Out