AUSTIN — Veterans Day is approaching and there are several ways you can celebrate the veterans who have served out country in the Austin area.
From parades to races, this list is sure to give you something to do Sunday.
Here's how you can celebrate Veterans Day in Austin:
Veterans Day Parade
- Sunday at 9 a.m. in Downtown Austin
Veterans Day Watch Party
- Watch the parade from the "best perch in downtown Austin" Sunday at 9 a.m. at the Edge Rooftop Pool Bar
Run for the Flag Veterans Day Race
- Sunday at 9 a.m. at Camp Mabry
Visit a Texas state park
- In honor of Veterans Day, all day-entry fees into the 90+ state parks across Texas will be waived on Sunday.
Veterans Day One Mile Fun Run
- Sunday from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the River Place Country Club golf course. Other activities at this event include a patriotic costume contest, door prizes and a raffle.
Veterans Day Family Picnic
- This event will be at the American Legion Charles Johnson House Sunday at 1 p.m.
Veterans Day Voice Project
- End Veterans Day in San Marcos by listening to personal stories from veterans. Reflect the stories about service and sacrifice while enjoying food and drink at the Price Center & Tea Room. This event will be Sunday from 7 to 9 p.m.
KVUE would like to give a warm thank you to all of the veterans for their service.