ROUND ROCK, Texas -- The Round Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau announced Wednesday that five national championship tournaments will be held in the Sports Capital of Texas for the first time in one year.
The five sporting events that will be held in April and May include USA Deaf Basketball, U.S. Quidditch, National Collegiate Table Tennis, U.S. Lacrosse and USA Judo.
“Our world-class sports facilities contribute to making Round Rock the Sports Capital of Texas by enabling us to host a variety of sporting events for youth and adults,” Round Rock Mayor Craig Morgan said. “We look forward to welcoming the athletes, their families and spectators who come to Round Rock for these tournaments, and we love seeing them enjoy everything our great community has to offer.”
The schedule for the national events in Round Rock is as follows:
- April 12-14 — 2018 USA Deaf Basketball National Tournament (Round Rock Sports Center)
- April 14-15 — US Quidditch Cup 11 (Round Rock Multipurpose Complex)
- April 20-22 — 2018 iSET College Table Tennis National Championships (Round Rock Sports Center)
- May 9-12 — 2018 US Lacrosse Women’s Collegiate Lacrosse Associates Division I and Division II National Championships (Round Rock Multipurpose Complex)
- May 12-13 — 2018 USA Judo Senior National Championships (Round Rock Sports Center)
According to the Round Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau, national championship tournaments bring in hundreds of athletes, family members and spectators to Round Rock who contribute to the local economy.
“Our facilities were designed and built to attract national championship tournaments," Round Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau Director Nancy Yawn said. "Securing five events of this caliber at the Round Rock Sports Center and our new Round Rock Multipurpose Complex is a great indication that our state-of-the-art venues have exactly the features, amenities and quality that tournament organizers want and need.”