DRIFTWOOD, Texas — A kitchen fire at Driftwood barbecue restaurant Salt Lick BBQ caused about $25,000 worth of damages, according to a Hays County official.
At around 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 20, the fire was reported at the popular barbecue restaurant. The North Hays Frie Department, as well as the Wimberley and Kyle fire departments, responded to the fire.
After an investigation, it was revealed that a flame or ember from cooking ignited a fire in a grease duct.
Fortunately, no one was hurt and no customers were in the building. The fire is estimated to have caused about $25,000 worth of damages.
The restaurant warned customers that wait times on Sunday were expected to be longer than usual due to the fire.
“In case you missed it, we are still open in Driftwood despite a small kitchen fire earlier today,” the restaurant said Sunday on Twitter. “Wait times may be a bit longer since we’re currently only open in one of our buildings. Thank you for your patience!”
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: