City Manager Marc Ott on Wednesday declared that Austin is now in Conservation Stage after nearly four years of Stage 2 water restrictions.
According to a release by Austin Water, the revised Conservation Code keeps the five stages of water use restrictions, but “offers greater flexibility for irrigation and home car washing.”
The five stages of the Water Conservation Code are:
- Conservation Stage: Twice/week with hose-end sprinkler, once/week with automatic systems (may use hose-end on second day). Car washing with bucket and/or hose with automatic shut-off nozzle.
- Stage 1: Same as Conservation Stage but with reduced times for irrigation.
- Stage 2: All customers on a one day per week watering schedule, with stricter time limitations. Car washing allowed with a bucket only.
- Stage 3: All customers on a one day per week schedule with stricter time limitations. Car washing allowed with a bucket only.
- Stage 4: Emergency response stage, no outdoor irrigation allowed.
Go here for additional information from Austin Water.