CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Corpus Christi International Airport is in talks of some exciting new changes to it's building, along with possible addition of new routes.
What most residents will look forward to are the additional routes that will be added. The airport's board met to discuss many topics, one of which was about the possibility of opening more flights.
"One of our major cities that we see that there's a big need for this region is Denver," said Assistant Director of Aviation Elsy Borgstedte. "So we would like to attract a new air carrier to provide that business here to this region for nonstop flights."
Plans are still in the initial stages, follow 3News as we keep you updated on any changes.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- What would you do? Video footage from southside carwash shows man recording woman without her knowledge
- Hamlin Fountain & Gifts set to close after 62 years of business
- Spanish explorer traveling the world by Jet Ski makes stop in Rockport
- Brandon Portillo, man accused of causing crash that killed CCPD officer, found guilty
- Purple flag warning still in effect, venomous sea life poses threat to beachgoers
- Rare sea slugs called blue dragons wash up near Bob Hall Pier
- Runoffs: Here are some things to keep in mind for upcoming elections in May
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.