AUSTIN — August is here, and that means its time to celebrate the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer.
Rainbows will be in full force throughout the week as LGBTQ folk and their allies join together to celebrate Austin's queer community.
Sponsored by Austin Pride, this year's pride festival and parade will be held on Saturday, but there are plenty of other colorful events to be found throughout the week.
So don your rainbows, Pride Week is upon us!
Tuesday, August 7
Wednesday, August 8
- Dine with Pride at Chipotle - 10:45 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Community Night Spotlight: LGBTQ Family Pride at Thinkery - 4 to 8 p.m.
Thursday, August 9
Friday, August 10
- L&B Womxn's Party at 4th and Congress - 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Pride Men's Party on 4th Street - 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Drip Drop 2 at Scratchouse - 9:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Saturday, August 11
- Austin Pride Festival at Festival Gardens - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Austin Pride Parade on 4th and Congress - 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday, August 12
For an extensive and ongoing list of LGBTQ-centric events in the area, click here.