AUSTIN — The Austin Independent School District announced Thursday they will be issuing a clear bag policy at district athletic events to increase safety and security at games.
AISD said the policy will be enforced at Burger Stadium, Delco Center, House Park Athletics Facility, Nelson Field and Noack Sports Complex.
According to AISD, bags that are permitted include:
- Bags that are clear plastic and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags
- Bags must be clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and have a maximum of one logo imprint not exceeding 4.5" X 3.4"
- Small clutch bags or purses with or without a strap that are the size of a hand.
- Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at designated areas.
Bags that are not permitted at AISD district athletic events include:
- Backpacks, printed pattern plastic bags, fanny packs, purses, reusable grocery totes, mesh or straw bags, duffle bags, large totes, camera or binocular cases.
- Diaper bags are not allowed. Items normally carried in a diaper bag must be put into a clear plastic bag for venue entry.
AISD said the policy will begin Aug. 30.