AUSTIN, Texas — Editor's note: This story is no longer being updated.
Amid power and water outages across Central Texas, local grocers were struggling to keep their doors open to Texans in need.
H-E-B locations in Austin and Central Texas have returned to normal hours as of Monday, Feb. 22.
Some stores in the Hill Country are open at reduced hours from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. H-E-B has also placed temporary limits on some key products to help ensure access to the items its customers need.
Some of the items include:
Food items (all H-E-B stores)
- Water Gallons – Limit 2
- Water multipack – Limit 2
- Baby Water Gallons – Limit 2
- Baby Water multipack – Limit 2
- Eggs – Limit 2
- Milk – Limit 2
- Bread – Limit 2
- Bakery bread – Limit 2
- Bakery tortillas – Limit 2
- Ice – Limit 2
- Charcoal – Limit 2
- All meat (beef, chicken, pork, turkey) fresh cut and ground – Limit 5 total
Food items (only for San Antonio, Central Texas, Gulf Coast, Border H-E-B stores)
- Eggs (5 dozen) – Limit 1
- Eggs (36 count) – Limit 1
- Eggs (less than 30 count) – Limit 2
Non-food items (all H-E-B stores)
- Paper towels – Limit 2
- Propane Tanks – Limit 2
- Aerosol disinfectant sprays – 2 items
- (Isopropyl) Alcohol swabs – 2 items
- First Aid and Cleaning Gloves – 2 items
- Trial & Travel Size Disinfectant Wipes/Sprays – Limit 2
H-E-B pharmacies will be open according to store hours unless otherwise listed, the company said. The H-E-B & Favor senior support phone line will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. from Monday, Feb. 22. through Friday, Feb. 26. Seniors ages 60 or older can access the Senior Support Line by calling 1-833-397-0080, H-E-B said.
For more information on H-E-B openings and closures, click here.
On Monday, Wheatsville's doors are open for its Guadalupe location from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., and its South Lamar location from 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Wheatsville has smaller crews and is still following COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Fort Worth (Haslet), Texas
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: