AUSTIN — Heads up, Austinites! Those who ride the MetroRail may have to figure out another way to get around.
Services between the Lakeline and Leander stations have been suspended for two weeks due to construction. The services will be on hold until June 29.
However, alternative services are available for Metro users.
MetroExpress Route 985 wil provide all-day service between Leander, Lakeline and downtown on weekdays. This service will cost $3.50 per day or $7 for a pass. Some buses may be blue instead of red since there are additional buses accommodating customers, so check the bus' digital route display.
MetroBus Shuttle Route 450 also offers free select services between Lakeline and Leander stations. The free shuttles are as follows:
- One northbound shuttle each weekday morning (8:37 a.m.) from Lakeline to Leander Station.
- One southbound shuttle each weekday evening (5:02 p.m.) from Leander to Lakeline.
- Friday evenings -- June 15, June 22 and June 29:
- The first southbound shuttle leaves the Leander Station at 5:02 p.m.
- The last northbound shuttle leaves the Lakeline Station at 2:42 a.m.
For more information about alternative services go here.