AUSTIN, Texas — Editor's note: This blog is no longer updating. For the latest coronavirus news in Austin and Central Texas, keep up with KVUE's May 11 live blog.
KVUE is keeping you updated with the latest coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, news in the Austin area.
Scroll down for the top headlines and latest updates in KVUE's May 10 live blog.
- Texas: More than 37,000 cases have been reported in the state, and more than 1,000 people in Texas have died, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services. The department estimates more than 20,000 people have recovered from the virus.
- Central Texas counties:
- Travis County: More than 2,000 cases have been reported and at least 60 people have died. More than 690 people have recovered from the virus.
- Williamson County: More than 360 cases have been reported and at least 13 people have died. More than 200 people have recovered from the virus.
- Hays County: There have been more than 200 cases reported in the county and at least two people have died. Around 130 people have recovered from the virus.
- Some Austin parks still full while those with limited capacity see less overcrowding
- Austin-Travis County stay-home order extended again as more Texas businesses reopen
- Checklist: Hair salons, barbershops, nail salons and cosmetology salons can reopen May 8 with these guidelines
- Texas barbershops, salons may reopen May 8; gyms reopen May 18, Gov. Abbott says
- Am I supposed to wear a mask now in Austin-Travis County?
- LIST: Confirmed Central Texas coronavirus cases by county
Fayette County has confirmed 22 cases of COVID-19 as of May 10, with 10 of those active. The county's one death was reported on April 23. Click here for more information.
6:37 p.m. – As of May 10, Austin-Travis County is reporting 2,127 cases of COVID-19, with 60 deaths. A total of 713 have recovered.
There were 32 new cases since May 9, zero new deaths and 20 new recoveries in Travis County.
4:21 p.m. – Here are the latest Texas coronavirus data from the Department of State Health Services.
Numbers show Texas new daily case numbers and new deaths both dropped. Meanwhile, active hospitalizations dropped as well and the test positivity rate edged down ever so slightly.
GRAPHS: Texas coronavirus statistics as of May 10
3:45 p.m. – Williamson County confirmed the total number of confirmed cases has risen to 377. At least 213 have recovered from the virus so far in the county, and 13 people have died.
8:30 a.m. – At 5 p.m. Sunday, the Circuit of the Americas will open its track for a food drive benefiting the Central Texas Food Bank to help those impacted by COVID-19. For more information on how you can donate, click here.
Check back on this live blog for the latest updates Sunday.
MORE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE:
- Pop-up memorial honors COVID-19 victims with ribbons, slideshow outside Governor's Mansion
- Elon Musk says Tesla to move headquarters to Texas 'immediately' amid COVID-19 shutdown in California
- US to buy $3B in dairy, meat, produce from farmers, Trump tweets
- Austin-Travis County coronavirus cases reach 2,095, 60 deaths
- Hays County reports 73 active COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths