AUSTIN, Texas — Editor's note: This blog is no longer active. To get the latest news Monday, check out our new live blog here.
KVUE is keeping you updated with the latest coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, news in the Austin area.
Scroll down for the top headlines and latest updates in KVUE's April 12 live blog.
- LIST: Confirmed Central Texas coronavirus cases by county
- Austin-Travis County coronavirus cases reach 744, 9 deaths
- Austin couple discharged after being hospitalized for COVID-19
- Hundreds accused of felony crimes released from Travis County Jail
- Executive order regarding Texas businesses reopening could be coming next week, Gov. Greg Abbott says
6:15 p.m. – Travis County is now reporting 774 confirmed cases of COVID-19, up 30 from Saturday.
For a breakdown of the cases, see the City of Austin's online dashboard.
3:40 p.m. – Williamson County is now reporting 117 confirmed cases of COVID-19, while 61 people have recovered from the virus in the county.
2:20 p.m. – Hays County is now reporting 65 active cases of COVID-19. Overall, the county has had 89 lab-confirmed positive cases.
1:45 p.m. – Gov. Greg Abbott extends his disaster declaration for all Texas counties in response to COVID-19. Originally issued on March 13, the declaration provides the state a number of resources to help mitigate the spread of the virus. The declaration has been extended 30 days.
"By extending my disaster declaration, we are ensuring the state of Texas continues to have adequate resources and capabilities to support our communities and protect public health," Abbott said. "I urge all Texans to continue practicing social distancing and abide by the guidelines laid out by the CDC and my executive orders to slow the spread of COVID-19."
Major updates from Friday, April 10:
- Travis County is now reporting 744 confirmed cases of COVID-19. More details on the cases can be found on the City of Austin's website.
- Bastrop County is now reporting 27 confirmed positive cases. There remains one death in the county, with 310 people under investigation.
- Caldwell County now has six confirmed cases, up from five. The sixth case is a woman in her 60s. The first case in the county, a 31-year-old woman, has now recovered.
- Fayette County said four of its patients were double-listed and the case count now stands at 13.
- Williamson County now has 113 positive cases. Of those, 59 have recovered. There have been four COVID-19 deaths in Williamson County.
- Burnet County now has six positive cases of COVID-19.
MORE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE:
- Coronavirus relief: Austin Small business owner shares process on getting new loan approved
- Calls for voting by mail in Texas increase as coronavirus crisis continues
- Coronavirus: Easter services online could hurt churches financially
- Round Rock Express creating family meals to help those impacted by COVID-19
- 'Austin Moms' group gives tips on how to have a safe, fun Easter while at home
- Central Texas cities, counties closing parks, trails Easter weekend to prevent spread of COVID-19
- Still Austin Whiskey Co. to produce 100,000 gallons of hand sanitizer