AUSTIN, Texas — Editor's note: This live blog is no longer being updated. Check on KVUE's Oct. 14 COVID-19 blog for updates.
KVUE is keeping you updated with the latest coronavirus and COVID-19 news in the Austin area.
Scroll down for the top headlines and latest updates in KVUE's Oct. 13 live blog.
- Texas: More than 3.4 million cases have been reported in the state, and more than 66,700 people in Texas have died, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Central Texas counties:
- Austin-Travis County: The seven-day moving average for new hospital admissions is 19, and an average of 231 people are hospitalized. The seven-day moving average for new cases is 203. Since the beginning of the pandemic, 117,807 cases have been reported and at least 1,128 people have died.
- Hays County: There are currently 757 active cases, and 24 people are currently hospitalized (23 unvaccinated, one vaccinated). Since the beginning of the pandemic, at least 29,160 confirmed cases have been reported and at least 384 people have died.
- Williamson County: There are 127 new cases of coronavirus in Williamson County. Eighteen percent of hospital beds are available, and 11% of ICU beds are available. Since the beginning of the pandemic, at least 63,702 cases have been reported and at least 675 people have died.
- Central Texas school districts:
- Austin ISD: As of Oct. 12, there are a total of 20 new COVID-19 cases (16 students, 3 employees and 1 other) and a total of 87 new exposures (82 students, 5 employees). Since Aug. 16, there have been 1,208 cumulative positive cases (981 students, 207 employees, 20 others) and 7,014 cumulative exposures (6,900 students, 103 employees, 11 others).
- Round Rock ISD: As of Oct. 12, there are 16 new positive cases (11 students, 5 employees) and 152 new "close contacts" (146 students, 6 employees). There have been 1,585 total cumulative positive cases (1,391 students, 194 employees) and 13,936 total cumulative "close contacts" (12,852 students, 1,084 employees).
- Leander ISD: For the week of Oct. 10-Oct. 15, there have been 5 total positive cases. There have been 1,501 total cumulative positive cases.
- Pflugerville ISD: For the week of Oct. 11-Oct. 15, there have been 20 total positive cases. There have been 1,008 total cumulative positive cases.
- Hays CISD: As of Oct. 12, there are 89 active student cases and 8 active staff cases. There have been a total of 826 cumulative student cases and 137 cumulative staff cases.
- Texas Public Schools (2021-22 school year; updated on Fridays with data from the previous Monday-Sunday)
- Cumulative positive student cases: 185,024, up from 175,428 on Oct. 3
- Cumulative positive staff cases: 33,706, up from 32,031 on Oct. 3
For a look at COVID-19 data across all of the state's counties, click here. KVUE is tracking COVID-19 data from five school districts in Central Texas. Many school districts have their own COVID-19 dashboard.
GRAPHS: Coronavirus data, Oct. 12, 2021
4:50 p.m. – Travis County reported six more COVID-19 deaths on Wednesday along with 410 new confirmed cases, bringing the total to 117,807 cases and 1,128 deaths since the start of the pandemic. At least 115,038 people have recovered from the virus.
Travis County currently has 202 people hospitalized with COVID-19, with 93 in the ICU and 61 on ventilators.
4:40 p.m. – Hays County reported two COVID-19 deaths on Wednesday, a San Marcos woman in her 60s and a San Marcos woman in her 50s. Health officials also reported 23 new confirmed cases along with one new hospitalization and three new hospital discharges. There are five additional people considered recovered.
11 a.m. – Leander ISD Superintendent Bruce Gearing announced that effective Oct. 13, the district is downgrading to the "yellow phase," which means that masks are recommended for everyone while indoors, the water fountain can be used as per usual and there are no limitations on the number of spectators at extracurricular events. Click here for more information.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: