AUSTIN, Texas — KVUE is keeping you updated with the latest coronavirus and COVID-19 news in the Austin area.
Scroll down for the top headlines and latest updates in KVUE's Nov. 18 live blog.
- Texas: More than 3.5 million cases have been reported in the state, and more than 71,800 people in Texas have died, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Central Texas counties:
- Austin-Travis County: The seven-day moving average for new hospital admissions is 13, and an average of 118 people are hospitalized. The seven-day moving average for new cases is 95. Since the beginning of the pandemic, 121,508 cases have been reported and at least 1,181 people have died.
- Hays County: There are currently 413 active cases, and 11 people are currently hospitalized (9 unvaccinated, 2 vaccinated). Since the beginning of the pandemic, at least 30,147 confirmed cases have been reported and at least 403 people have died.
- Williamson County: There are 86 new cases of coronavirus in Williamson County. Eighteen percent of hospital beds are available, and 9% of ICU beds are available. Since the beginning of the pandemic, at least 66,549 cases have been reported and at least 724 people have died.
- Central Texas school districts:
- Austin ISD: As of Nov. 17, there are a total of 28 new COVID-19 cases (24 students, 3 employees, 1 other) and a total of 0 new exposures. Since Aug. 16, there have been 1,491 cumulative positive cases (1,221 students, 244 employees, 26 others) and 7,870 cumulative exposures (7,738 students, 110 employees, 22 others).
- Round Rock ISD: As of Nov. 17, there are 10 new positive cases (10 students) and 101 new "close contacts" (100 students, 1 employee). There have been 1,983 total cumulative positive cases (1,720 students, 263 employees) and 16,487 total cumulative "close contacts" (15,180 students, 1,307 employees).
- Leander ISD: For the week of Nov. 14-Nov. 19, there have been 34 total positive cases. There have been 1,759 total cumulative positive cases.
- Pflugerville ISD: For the week of Nov. 15-Nov. 19, there have been 4 total positive cases. There have been 1,143 total cumulative positive cases.
- Hays CISD: As of Nov. 17, there are 26 active student cases and 10 active staff cases. There have been a total of 995 cumulative student cases and 175 cumulative staff cases.
- Texas Public Schools (2021-22 school year; updated on Fridays with data from the previous Monday-Sunday)
- Cumulative positive student cases: 215,799
- Cumulative positive staff cases: 39, 688
For a look at COVID-19 data across all of the state's counties, click here. KVUE is tracking COVID-19 data from five school districts in Central Texas. Many school districts have their own COVID-19 dashboard.
GRAPHS: Coronavirus data for Nov. 17, 2021
10 a.m. – Austin Health Force, the system used by Austin Public Health (APH) for online scheduling, will be going offline temporarily for maintenance on Friday, Nov. 19.
The maintenance will begin at 6 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 19, and end at 12:30 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 20.
During this time, residents will not be able to log in to schedule an appointment for COVID-19 testing or vaccinations, nor will they be able to see test results or print their vaccination records. Services will be restored once the maintenance is complete, city officials said.
The following walk-up clinics, which do not require appointments, will be open on Saturday, Nov. 20:
Southeast Library (Moderna 18+, Pfizer 12+, Johnson & Johnson 18+), 5803 Nuckols Crossing Rd, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Little Walnut Creek Library (Moderna 18+, Pfizer 12+, Johnson & Johnson 18+), 835 W Runberg Ln, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Old Sims Elementary School Gymnasium (Moderna 18+, Pfizer 5+, Johnson & Johnson 18+), 1203 Springdale Rd., 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: