BOCA RATON, Fla. — An iguana hunter hired to kill the invasive species in a Florida neighborhood accidentally shot a pool worker last week.
WPTV reports Boca Raton police said the pool worker was shot in the leg with a pellet gun by an iguana hunter on June 24.
The hunter was not charged in the incident.
The number of green Iguanas in the state-led wildlife officials this week to encourage homeowners to kill the reptiles.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'Fecal pollution' puts popular local beaches under 'no swim advisory'
- Giant American flag, 'Trump 2020' painted on lawn in Plant City
- Where to watch fireworks, celebrate Independence Day in Tampa Bay
- Halle Bailey tapped to play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- It’s here! 'Stranger Things' season 3 released on Netflix
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.