AUSTIN, Texas — Like most celebrations during the COVID-19 pandemic, high school graduations in Austin have been very different.
Some Austin ISD schools hosted commencement ceremonies virtually on June 15 – but for the families, friends and graduating seniors, the ceremonies were just as special.
KVUE Photojournalist Kenneth Null gave us a look at some bittersweet moments for the Class of 2020:
Anderson High School, the Ann Richards School for Young Women Leaders, Austin High School, Bowie High School, Crockett Early College High School and Eastside Memorial Early College High School all had virtual ceremonies on June 15.
On June 23, Austin ISD started hosting in-person graduation walks for seniors at House Park Stadium. The walks will continue through Thursday, June 25.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING:
- Texas health officials repeal emergency rules for child care providers
- Austin police investigating after video shows officer kneeling on teenage protester
- KVUE names Erika Lopez as chief meteorologist
- Austin enters Stage 4 COVID-19 risk-based level after spike in hospitalizations
- Caldwell County community heartbroken over shooting deaths of two teens, hold vigil to commemorate them