AUSTIN, Texas — As of Monday, Nov.16, Austin ISD has increased the pay for substitute teachers and teaching assistants, with a potential of $210 per day for certified teachers.
The district said it is currently accepting applications for the 2020-21 school year.
“Benefits of being a substitute teacher include the flexibility to work as many days as desired, providing instruction on a variety of subjects and working directly with students in a dynamic classroom setting,” Austin ISD said in a release.
The base rate of pay for substitute teachers is now:
- $150 a day for permanent teacher substitutes at underperforming schools
- $135 a day for certified substitute teachers
- $125 for degreed substitute teachers
- $115 for substitutes teachers with 60+ college hours
The base rate of pay for substitute teacher assistants is now:
- $115 a day for permanent teacher assistant substitutes at underperforming schools
- $105 a day for certified substitute teacher assistants
- $100 for degreed substitute teacher assistants
- $95 for substitute teacher assistants with 60+ college hours
- $85 for substitute teacher assistants with a high school diploma/GED
The base rate increase means substitute teachers in AISD who work regularly can earn up to $210 a day.
More information about incentives, requirements and information on applying can be found on the AISD website.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: