ROUND ROCK, Texas — All Round Rock ISD students, as well as Pflugerville ISD students, both on campus and those learning virtually, will be offered free breakfast and lunch meals beginning Monday, Nov. 2.
The change is thanks to a waiver approved by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which allows the district to operate under the Seamless Summer Option feeding program during the 2020-2021 school year.
Round Rock ISD will continue curbside meal distribution for students learning virtually and children under 18 from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Monday through Friday (except on holidays and breaks) at the following locations:
- Round Rock High School, 201 Deep Wood Drive, Round Rock
- Cedar Ridge High School, 2801 Gattis School Road, Round Rock
- Stony Point High School, 1801 Tiger Trail, Round Rock
- Westwood High School, 12400 Mellow Meadow Drive, Austin
- McNeil High School, 5720 McNeil Drive, Austin
- Deerpark Middle School, 8849 Anderson Mill Road, Austin
- C.D. Fulkes Middle School, 300 W Anderson Ave., Round Rock
- Hopewell Middle School, 1535 Gulf Way, Round Rock
- Walsh Middle School, 3850 Walsh Ranch Blvd., Round Rock
Also, as part of the waiver, children at Round Rock ISD are no longer required to be present to pick up a meal, but parents or guardians must provide proof for each child during pickup. That includes an official letter or email from the school confirming the child's enrollment, student report cards, attendance records from the parent portal, birth certificate or student ID cards.
Round Rock ISD is still encouraging that families apply for the "free and reduced meal program" so that they can receive benefits like waived college application fees, waived SAT fees and discounts on online SAT courses.
Pflugerville ISD said all children under age 18 may receive free USDA reimbursable meals regardless of economic status. The district encourages all parents/guardians to apply for free or reduced price meals through its online application, available at www.pfisd.net/meals. Proof of age is required to receive a meal, whether in-person or curbside.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: