DIXON, Ill. — An Illinois mother was arrested Tuesday after police say she had her two daughters ride inside an inflated pool on her car's roof.
Dixon police say Jennifer A. Janus Yeager, 49, was charged with two counts of endangering the health of life of a child and two counts of reckless conduct. Police said Yeager was also cited for failure to secure a passenger over the age of 8 and under the age of 16.
Police said they got a complaint about an Audi car driving on the Peoria Avenue Bridge with children sitting inside an inflated pool on the car's roof. Police found the car and said they saw two children inside the blue pool.
Yeager told police she had driven into town to inflate the pool at a friend's house and had her two daughters ride inside of the empty pool to hold it down on the drive home.
What other people are reading right now:
- Tropical disturbance in the Gulf of Mexico likely to strengthen to a depression
- He called police on black women at swimming pool. Now he’s facing criminal charges
- Man says he was kicked off Busch Gardens ride because he looked too old
- Wanted man passes gas so loudly it reveals his hiding spot to police
- Woman caught urinating into ice cream bucket, spitting into ice cream at shop, police say
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.