AUSTIN, Texas — Magen Fieramusca, the woman accused of kidnapping and killing Austin mother Heidi Broussard, is expected to plead guilty on Jan. 31, 2023.
KVUE has covered this case since the beginning, when Broussard and her infant daughter went missing in December 2019. About a week later, police found Broussard's body in the trunk of a car in Harris County.
Officers found Broussard's daughter alive inside Fieramusca's home, where the car was parked. Investigators claim Fieramusca pretended the baby was her own.
Investigators later said Fieramusca kidnapped her childhood friend and the baby from their South Austin apartment. She is now facing numerous charges, including kidnapping and capital murder.
In May 2022, a judge denied Fieramusca's attorneys' request that evidence be thrown out against her. The attorneys claimed that the evidence was illegally obtained when investigators entered the Harris County home without a search warrant.
On Jan. 24, 2023, KVUE reported that the Travis County District Attorney's Office expects Fieramusca to plead guilty to Broussard's murder on Jan. 31. The plea is conditioned on Fieramusca receiving a sentence of 55 years and waiving her right to appeal.
Below is a compiled list of all of KVUE's previous coverage of the Broussard case, as well as much of the coverage by our Houston sister station, KHOU, classified by year. The coverage dates back to when Broussard and her daughter were initially reported missing.
- Unsealed affidavit reveals what may have happened to Heidi Broussard before her death
- Timeline: What we know about Austin mom Heidi Broussard and baby Margo Carey
- Heidi Broussard case: One year since Austin mother’s body was found in Houston
- Magen Fieramusca's next court date reset yet again
- Magen Fieramusca’s attorneys argue to review more evidence in Heidi Broussard case
- 'I’m mad and I’m hurt and I’m sad' | Heidi Broussard’s mother responds to murder indictment
- Magen Fieramusca charged with capital murder over Heidi Broussard's death
- What will happen to Margo Carey, Heidi Broussard’s newborn daughter?
- Heidi Broussard met 'bestie' Magen Fieramusca at church camp, friend says
- 'I talk to Magen every day' | Heidi Broussard's friend shocked at charges
- Friends say woman charged was calling people, offering to help find missing mom
- Baby Margo reunited with father after her mother was found strangled in Houston
- A friend 'people dreamed of': Heidi Broussard remembered in hometown
- Christian Life Austin church bids farewell to Heidi Broussard
- GoFundMe created, foundation in the works to honor Heidi Broussard's memory
- Exclusive: Heidi Broussard's fiancé speaks out for first time since police found her body
- Magen Fieramusca's first court appearance reset for Feb. 3
- 'Let her legacy live on': Austin mother Heidi Broussard laid to rest
- Funeral arrangements for Heidi Broussard made for Saturday in Lake Charles, Louisiana
- 'She put a smile on everyone's face' | Vigil held Monday evening in memory of Heidi Broussard
- 'The family is overwhelmed with grief' | Mom of Heidi Broussard grateful for community's support
- ‘Close friend’ of missing Austin mom found dead booked in jail, was plotting to take her baby: Sources
- Neighbors to Houston home where Heidi Broussard's body was found 'didn't know what to think'
- 'She was always a really good mom' | Neighbors remember Austin woman Heidi Broussard
- FBI, Texas Rangers, DPS assist in search for missing Austin mother, baby
- Missing Austin mother's parents beg for her and her baby's safe return
- 'We have no reason to believe' missing Austin mother, baby are harmed: Police
- Missing Austin mom and 3-week-old baby: Why wasn't there an AMBER Alert?
Below, you can also find a YouTube playlist featuring KVUE's coverage from the day Broussard's body was found up through Fieramusca's May 12, 2022, hearing: