AUSTIN, Texas — EDITOR'S NOTE: Terry McCoy, head engineer for TxDOT Austin, was originally scheduled to be part of this panel, but canceled. Ashby Johnson, Executive Director of CAMPO will not appear due to a scheduling miscommunication.
It's no secret: traffic in Austin continues to frustrate thousands of drivers that commute every day. And it's only expected to get worse.
Austin has been deemed the 13th "most congested city" in the country. Research shows that Austin drivers waste about 47 hours each year sitting in traffic.
That's why we're taking your questions and looking for traffic solutions on Tuesday, May 14 during our "Digital Transportation Town Hall." It's part of our year-long Boomtown 2040 initiative to take a deep dive into the issues surrounding Austin's rapid growth.
Political reporter and anchor Ashley Goudeau will moderate the hour-long town hall with a panel of local transportation experts. We'll be talking with:
- Randy Clarke, President and CEO of Capital Metro
- Delia Garza, Mayor Pro Tem of the City of Austin
- Mike Heiligenstein, Executive Director of Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority
- Kara Kockelman, Ph.D., traffic engineer and professor at the University of Texas at Austin
- Brian Barth, Director of Project Planning and Development for TxDOT
The event will stream here on KVUE.com, as well as on our youtube channel from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
But before we can answer your questions, we need to know what you want to know! Send us your questions on social media.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: