TRAVIS COUNTY, Texas — As construction continues on Tesla's $1.1 billion Gigafactory, plans are already underway for yet another facility nearby.
According to a report from the Austin Business Journal, documents filed on April 30 indicate the company is working on a "Bobcat Project" off Harold Green Road.
Although details are limited, the report states that Tesla's Colorado River Project LLC had already purchased more than 2,500 acres outside of Austin. So it's no surprise the company is working on more developments.
Andy Linseisen, the assistant director of the city’s Development Services Department, told the Austin Business Journal that Tesla has been conducting restoration work since last year to limit its mining operations on the land. However, he could not provide further details.
Tesla plans to have operations up and running at the factory by the end of the year.
To read the full report, click here.
MORE TESLA NEWS:
- Elon Musk says Austin will be the 'biggest boomtown' US has seen in 50 years
- SpaceX job listing hints at 'state of the art' manufacturing facility in Austin
- Elon Musk tweet about 'urgent' housing need highlights what Austin Realtors have known
- SpaceX, Tesla CEO Elon Musk adds SNL hosting job to his to-do list
- Tesla founder Elon Musk responds to report that no one was behind wheel in deadly Tesla crash