AUSTIN, Texas — H-E-B's new location in Oak Hill is scheduled to open on Oct. 27.
The store, located on U.S. Highway 290 near FM 1826, will replace a location less than two miles away. The existing store will close upon the opening of the new store.
H-E-B said that the store's design will incorporate the "look and feel of the surrounding neighborhoods" and will involve several sustainability elements such as rainwater harvesting and water retention ponds. Provisions will also be put in place for a future solar panel installation.
Highlights from the new Oak Hill location include:
- H-E-B Curbside service
- 24 check stands featuring self-checkout registers
- A large selection of craft and import beers and wines
- A pharmacy with two-lane drive-thru service
- A large selection of Dinner Tonight food offerings including sushi, Cooking Connection and Meal Simple
- A bakery department featuring handmade artisan breads, cakes and a tortillería for fresh tortillas made in-house
- Texas Backyard showcases outdoor-living furniture, grills, plants and more
H-E-B first announced plans to begin construction on the store back in October 2019.
Several Austin-area H-E-B locations have recently undergone or are currently undergoing renovation, including the East Seventh Street and South Congress stores. The company also has plans for a new location on South Exposition Boulevard, which is expected to open sometime this year.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: