AUSTIN, Texas — A recent study by the Austin Chamber of Commerce revealed that Austin's tech industry grew 2% more than the average growth rate across all industries in the Austin area from 2017 to 2018.

The Austin tech industry has grown by nearly 25% in the past five years, and nearly 30% in the past 10 years.

RELATED: App Store created more than 133,000 jobs in Texas

There are more than 7,000 high-tech employer firms in the Austin area, accounting for over 14% of all employer firms in Austin, which employs over 1.5 times the national average for tech industries.

High-tech jobs account for almost 16% of all jobs in Austin, which is nearly 7% more than the national average of just under 9%.

RELATED: Tech company Zoho bringing its headquarters to Austin

Within the tech industry in Austin, manufacturing jobs make up just over 23% of the industry and nonmanufacturing jobs make up the other, almost 77% of the industry.

The average annual salary across all industries in Austin is just over $62,000, while jobs in the high-tech sector of Austin boast an average salary of almost double that – more than $118,000.

WATCH: Boomtown 2040: Austin's tech boom

PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING:

1979 'Orange Socks' cold case victim identified as Debra Jackson of Abilene

Two zebras dead after escaping from owners in New Braunfels

Williamson County residents call for action after commander posts 'racist,' 'misogynistic' photos