These DIY toy embedded soap bars are an adorable way to make bath and shower time more fun!
- Clear soap base (3 oz per bar)
- Plastic or rubber toys
- Basic mold (heavy duty guest rectangle)
- Liquid soap colorants, such as LabColors
- Cutting board
- Pyrex cup
- Spray bottle with rubbing alcohol
- Plastic treat bag
- Cut clear soap base into cubes and melt in microwave. Start with 30 seconds on high power and stir. Repeat until soap is mostly melted, then stir until completely melted.
- Add a few drops each colorant and fragrance oil.
- Fold mold ¼ inch full. Allow to form a firm skin, spray toy with alcohol, then press toy into soap layer.
- Spray soap and exposed side of toy with alcohol, then top off with remaining soap. You may need to warm up your soap again.
- Allow to harden at room temperature, freeze for 10 minutes. Invert mold and pop out by pushing with your thumbs. Pulling the edge of the mold away from the hardened soap will help release the bar if it’s not coming out easily.
- Wrap in plastic treat bag, tie with ribbon.