AUSTIN, Texas — The holidays are here and that means the guests will be arriving soon. The best way to greet incoming guests is by making sure the front porch is warm and inviting.
Here is what you need:
- A wreath
- Welcome signs
- A box
- Hot glue gun and hot glue
- Christmas trees
- Spray paint (I went with gold glitter)
- Take the burlap and use it to wrap the cardboard box, then use hot glue to secure it. This is going to be used as a table.
- Fluff the Christmas trees. Yes, Christmas trees! We are going to extend the use of holiday decor by adding plastic pumpkins instead of traditional ornaments. I spray-painted the pumpkins with glitter to keep in line with the color scheme of the rest of the decor. After the pumpkins are dry, add them to the trees. Voila: a fall tree!
- Add in the welcome signs and the wreath to top it off.
- Keep it balanced. By balancing the decor, the eye will be drawn to the front door.
- Add height. I used the cardboard box to add height to the signs to make it appear like a larger doorway.
- Have fun! Holidays are stressful enough, so there's no need to add this to the stress.
Here's a look at my finished porch!
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: