LEANDER, Texas — With all that's going on in the world, sometimes, you just need a little good news – like a sweet pup finding a good home!
On July 31, Emily introduced viewers to Trixie, a playful and energetic 1-year-old, three-legged pup with a passion for squeaky toys.
Less than 24 hours later, Trixie has been adopted! Texas Humane Heroes told Emily that after seeing Trixie's story on KVUE, someone sponsored her, meaning they paid for her adoption fee so that whoever adopted her wouldn't have to.
Then a family adopted her, and because they didn't have to pay the adoption fee, they decided to make a donation to the shelter!
This isn't the first Pet of the Week success story. The trio of puppies featured on July 24 – Crunch, Crash and Coco – all got adopted within the week – a 100% success rate so far!
Remember to check KVUE.com/pets each week to see the fresh furry faces looking for homes.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING:
- Austin protests: Texas DPS, APD increasing presence this weekend
- COVID-19 death rates in some less-populated Central Texas counties run higher than larger counties
- UT Austin prohibits parties, on or off campus, for fall semester
- VA hospital steps in as Texas hospital launches 'ethics' committee for COVID-19 patients
- Central Texas duo kills 460-pound feral hog in Proctor