CLEVELAND — After months off the menu, McDonald's is set to bring back one of its most-talked about foods. That's right! The McRib is making a comeback later this year.
It comes after McDonald's spent Wednesday afternoon teasing "the most important announcement" on Twitter. The fast food chain later made it official by revealing the return of its McRib.
"Mark ur calendars," McDonald's wrote on Facebook with their announcement Thursday morning.
The post, which had more than 3,000 shares within two hours, indicated the McRib will return on Nov. 1. The McRib's menu resurrection comes earlier this year, too, as 2020's limited run didn't arrive until Dec. 2.
McDonald's says the McRib contains 520 calories.
"The McRib starts with seasoned boneless pork dipped in a tangy BBQ sauce, topped with slivered onions and dill pickles, all served on a toasted homestyle bun," McDonald's explains in their menu listing. "When everything combines you have BBQ pork sandwich perfection."
- RELATED: McDonald's begins phasing out plastic toys in Happy Meals
- RELATED: McDonald's Happy Meal toys celebrating Disney World's 50th anniversary
- RELATED: Burger King introduces celebrity meals with new 'real food' menu
- RELATED: Why are McDonald's ice cream machines always broken? FTC aims to find out
- RELATED: Spotted: Cow at a McDonald's drive-through in Wisconsin
- RELATED: First ever 'Taco Bell Defy' to open in Minnesota
- RELATED: Swensons reveals 7 secret menu hacks that change the Galley Boy game
- RELATED: Swensons announces expansion: New location to open in Brooklyn