AUSTIN, Texas — It's safe to say Texans love ice cream. Whether it's tubs of Blue Bell or H-E-B Creamy Creations, upside-down Blizzards or cups and cones from local shops, ice cream hits the spot on these hot summer days.
And if you're someone who needs an excuse to indulge, you're in luck: National Ice Cream Day is this Sunday, July 17.
To celebrate, we asked KVUE viewers where to find the best ice cream in the Austin area. While a few answered with chains – Andy's Frozen Custard, Dairy Queen, Baskin Robbins, Culver's and Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt, specifically – most shared local spots serving up scoops of ice cream, gelato and other frozen goodness.
Here's a rundown of the locally-owned ice cream shops Central Texans like best:
- 1326 N. Highway 183
- 1012 W. Sixth St.
- 3500 Guadalupe St.
- 1301 S. Congress Ave.
- 3600 Presidential Blvd., inside the Austin airport
- 2901 S. Lamar Blvd.
- 9600 S. Interstate 35, Building C Ste. 400
- 4477 S. Lamar Blvd. #790
- 2805 Bee Caves Road, #416
- 10000 Research Blvd., Ste. 140
- 5624 Burnet Road
- 2002 Manor Road
- 2109 Northland Drive (catering)
- Bee Cave:
- 12800 Galleria Circle, Suite G-150
- Cedar Park:
- 1335 E. Whitestone Blvd., Suite 200
- 6301 W. Parmer Lane, Suite 503 in Austin
- 407 S. Western Ave. in Lampasas
- Served at pop-up locations and events. Based in Dripping Springs.
- 1100 S. Lamar Blvd.
- 6555 Burnet Road #200
- 1905 Aldrich St. #150
Lick also has three locations in San Antonio.
- Available in Austin at:
- Bee Grocery, located at 1001 E. Sixth St.
- Texas Farmer's Market at Mueller, located at 2006 Philomena St.
- Mozart's Coffee, located at 3825 Lake Austin Blvd.
- Walk-up window at 7135 N. Lamar Blvd.
- San Marcos:
- 318 N. LBJ Drive
- New Braunfels:
- 283 S. Union Ave.
- 1263 Gruene Road
- 703 S. Main Street in The Square in Georgetown
- 111 N. Vista Ridge, Suite 202
Britny Eubank on social media: Twitter
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: