AUSTIN, Texas — According to Yelp, one Austin pizza place is a "slice" above most of the rest.
The Gypsy Poet (No. 12), Ashay's Pizza (No. 79) and Luna Pizzeria (No. 81) in Houston; Slice City Pizza in Fort Worth, Texas (No. 74); and Sixty Vines in Plano, Texas (No. 37), rounded out the Lone Star State's appearances on the list.
According to the list, Cheese Board Pizza in Berkeley, California, is the No. 1 pizza joint in the U.S.
As part of its National Pizza Day celebration, Yelp also announced it is looking for an "aficiona-dough" to become its first-ever Chief Pizza Officer. The Yelp user who wins the contest will "serve as the authority on all things pizza, from deep dish to Detroit style, pizza cones to personal pan."
Home Slice Pizza has three locations in Austin:
- North Loop - Dine In & Take Out (501 East 53rd St.)
- South Congress - Dine In (1415 South Congress Ave.)
- More Home Slice - Take Out (1421 South Congress Ave.)
Britny Eubank on social media: Twitter
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING:
- North Austin hotel to be converted into homeless housing community
- 65-year-old Caldwell County man indicted for murder of Adil Dghoughi
- HBO Max series 'Love and Death' to film in Williamson County later this month: Report
- Some Austin Energy customers kept power during the Texas freeze. Here's why the utility's GM says that's no guarantee for the future