AUSTIN, Texas — Burgers and tailgating go hand-in-hand. If you are looking for a new and flavorful recipe to make your burgers stand out, try this great Greek burger recipe.
- Fresh (not frozen) hamburger patties
- Kosher salt
- Lemon pepper
- Dried oregano
- Granulated garlic
- Granulated onion
- Sliced Feta cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated cucumber, (squeezed in a paper towel to remove water)
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped fresh dill
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Hamburger buns
- 1 each roasted red and/or yellow peppers
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cucumber, slice
- (Burger and bun quantities are up to you)
- Optional ingredients: lettuce, tomatoes and kalamata olives
- Heat up a grill or grill a pan on high. Season burger patties with salt, lemon pepper, oregano, granulated garlic and onion and grill until pink. This usually takes about 4-6 minutes per side for medium.
- Meanwhile, whisk together lemon juice and yogurt until it's creamy. Add grated cucumbers, chopped dill and 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic. Then, season it with salt and mix to combine.
- Assemble the burgers by spreading the bun bottoms with the yogurt mixture and top it with a patty, roasted peppers, cucumber, red onion and feta cheese. Add the buns on top and it's ready to serve.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: