AUSTIN, Texas — The doors opened at Kiefer's Cafe back in 1996 and they have been serving great food ever since.
The menu at Kiefer's features more than 70 sandwiches, and even during these difficult times, the full menu is available for hungry Central Texans.
Julie McDaniel is the cafe manager.
"It's definitely homemade, good, homestyle food. Lots of sandwiches and different kinds of salads," McDaniel said. "We have amazing blue plates, really good sandwich lunch specials every day and homemade soups, pastas and amazing desserts."
One of their most popular items is their hand-pressed burger.
"It's our six-ounce, hand-pressed, fresh ground beef," McDaniel explained. "It is to die for and we have a burger special for $6, and people really come back for them all the time."
Due to current rules on the coronavirus, you can't enjoy the food in the restaurant but you can still make to-go orders at Kiefer's Cafe.
"Call us to go ahead and give us a phone call. You can curbside call, pay on the phone and just get it to go," McDaniel said. "Our phone number is 512-719-5550 and I'll be more than ready to take your order."
You can find Kiefer's Cafe right at the corner of Kramer and Metric Boulevard in North Austin.
MORE FOODIE FRIDAY STORIES:
- Part sports bar, part high-end dining: Get best of both worlds at this Austin restaurant
- Spreading the love of cheese at Spread & Co. in Austin
- Texas siblings pair up to bring trendy Mexican food to Austin at Gabriela’s Downtown
- Gossip Shack spreads its wings in Pflugerville with its variety of flavors
- Foody Friday: Malted Grains in Liberty Hill is a hidden gem
- Start your day with a tummy full of comfort food at Monument Cafe in Georgetown