DRIPPING SPRINGS, Texas — Homespun Kitchen and Bar in Drippings Springs has seen their business drop 75% to 80% over the past month due to the coronavirus pandemic. While it's been difficult, owner Jennifer Walker said that she and her staff are still working hard to keep their customers fed.
"We have chicken-fried steak, chicken-fried chicken. Shrimp and grits has been on the menu since day one," said Walker. "On Friday nights, we have a prime rib, blackened, smoked prime rib and that's very popular."
They began "to-go Tuesdays" a couple of years ago, and have now expanded that to every day of the week since that's the best way to serve their customers during this time.
"Everything's made from scratch, so if you come in, it's not going to be something that comes out within 10 or 15 minutes," Walker said. "There's nothing frozen. It's all fresh."
They have meals to serve either two people or a group of four and the entire menu is available for to-go or delivery.
MORE FOODIE FRIDAY COVERAGE:
- Foodie Friday: What makes the burgers at Moonie's Burger House so great?
- Foodie Friday: Good Luck Grill in Manor offering quality home cooking to go
- Foodie Friday: Homestyle food, more than 70 sandwiches offered at Kiefer's Café
- Part sports bar, part high-end dining: Get best of both worlds at this Austin restaurant
- Spreading the love of cheese at Spread & Co. in Austin
- Texas siblings pair up to bring trendy Mexican food to Austin at Gabriela’s Downtown
- Gossip Shack spreads its wings in Pflugerville with its variety of flavors
- Foody Friday: Malted Grains in Liberty Hill is a hidden gem
- Start your day with a tummy full of comfort food at Monument Cafe in Georgetown