PFLUGERVILLE, Texas — Cafe 1 by Chef Juan in Pflugerville boasts some of the best sweet treats around. From the cookies and pastries to the custom cakes, this bakery and cafe can satisfy any sweet tooth.
Earlier this year the cafe expanded the menu to include pizzas, and Chef Juan said that it's just like the desserts and pastries. His pizzas are all made from scratch and he uses nothing but fresh ingredients.
"I make the sauce and everything. One of the main ingredients of the sauce that makes it so popular is red wine. Not many places do it, but the pizzas have been selling out really good," said Juan.
Of course, in addition to the pizzas, the cakes are also very popular. Chef Juan continues to make birthday cakes and now he's baking up some tasty graduation cakes as well.
If you want to serve your mom something sweet for Mother's Day, Chef Juan has something special for you: a six-pack of cheesecakes!
"We have the creme brulee cheesecake, the key lime cheesecake, and we're going to be doing New York cheesecake, a white chocolate raspberry, strawberry cheesecake and we're going to have different ones to be able to mix and match," said Juan.
The cafe is located at 1100 Grand Ave. Parkway.
RELATED VIDEO: Take This Job: Juan makes perfect recipe for sugar cookies
MORE FOODIE FRIDAY COVERAGE:
- Foodie Friday: Homespun Kitchen and Bar offering fresh food made from scratch to go
- Foodie Friday: What makes the burgers at Moonie's Burger House so great?
- Foodie Friday: Good Luck Grill in Manor offering quality home cooking to go
- Foodie Friday: Homestyle food, more than 70 sandwiches offered at Kiefer's Café
- Part sports bar, part high-end dining: Get best of both worlds at this Austin restaurant
- Spreading the love of cheese at Spread & Co. in Austin
- Texas siblings pair up to bring trendy Mexican food to Austin at Gabriela’s Downtown