AUSTIN, Texas — South by Southwest has announced the initial keynote and featured speakers for its 2020 conference.
Two keynotes were included in the announcement: former President and COO of Nintendo of America Reggie Fils-Aimé and singer-songwriter Kim Gordon.
According to Hugh Forrest, the chief programming officer of SXSW, Fils-Aimé "oversaw Nintendo of America during its most successful era," and Gordon is "a creative virtuoso whose passion and achievements have paved the way for others."
SXSW also announced many of the featured speakers, including the following:
- The founders of Magnolia, Chip and Joanna Gaines
- Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes
- Actor and comedian Cheech Marin with filmmaker Robert Rodriguez
- IMDb founder and CEO Col Neeham.
The following featured sessions were also announced:
- Activating Change with a Cello and a Shovel
- Exploring how culture is used to transform social problems.
- Changing the Immersive Storytelling Wild West
- A conversation about creating sustainable and inclusive immersive storytelling.
- Hear to Slay
- A live podcast recording about politics and pop culture.
SXSW 2020 will take place from March 13 to 22.
For a full list of speakers and sessions, check out SXSW's website.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: